Louise Stapleton-Frappell B.A. Hons. PCBC-A. PCT-A. CAP3. CTDI. CWRI. DN-FSG2. DN-CPCT2 - Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant and Trainer – Accredited by the Pet Professional Accreditation Board
The owner and head trainer of The DogSmith of Estepona, Louise Stapleton-Frappell, studied for her Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree at the University of Leeds and, after leaving University, took her first teaching post at a school in Cartagena. This was soon followed by a move to Southern Spain where she quickly added a beautiful German Shepherd x Doberman, Bess, to the family and thus began her love of teaching dogs as well as people. A local veterinarian put her in touch with a respected police dog trainer who passed on his knowledge and shared his love of the beautiful canines he worked with. A gorgeous Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Samson, was soon added to the family; followed by Tessa, a much-loved German Shepherd Dog, and Jambo, who, at the age of just 16 months, became the first Staffordshire Bull Terrier to become a Trick Dog Champion. Jambo has since been aired on Talent Hounds TV in Canada and was also featured as a Victoria Stilwell Positively Story.
Louise has constantly built on her knowledge and furthered her education in the field of force-free, rewards-based, science-based, ethical training and care. She was one of the first twenty people worldwide to become a Professional Canine Trainer – Accredited, through the Pet Professional Accreditation Board. This was later followed by her accreditation as a Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant.
Louise has presented at conferences internationally and has gained a reputation for expertly teaching and training humans and canines. Her experience, her background as a teacher and her impressive pet industry credentials means she is uniquely qualified to share her skills and knowledge with both the public and pet industry professionals.
Louise loves helping dogs learn how to be the best companions possible and loves teaching pet dog guardians the skills they need to increase the bond they share with their wonderful canine companions. Louise believes training should be both fun and stress-free and is passionate about making sure that you and your pets receive the absolute best training and care, along with exceptional customer service.
- B.A. Joint Hons Spanish & Portuguese. Subsidiary subjects: Management Economics & Industrial Management. The University of Leeds, U.K.
- Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant - Accredited, Pet Professional Accreditation Board
- Professional Canine Trainer - Accredited, Pet Professional Accreditation Board
- CAP1. CAP2. CAP3. Clicker Competency Assessment Program – Levels 1, 2 & 3 all gained with Distinction, Learning About Dogs
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor, Do More with Your Dog
- Fun Scent Games Instructor, DogNostics
- Force-Free Instructor’s Award, ITDH DTC
- K9 First Aid Certification, ITDH DTC
- Pet First Aid Certification, The Pet Professional Guild
- Animal Behaviour and Welfare Verified Certification, Edinburgh University
- Dog Emotion and Cognition Verified Certification, Duke University
- Pet Dog Ambassador Program Licensed Instructor & Assessor, PDA
- Certified Fear Free Animal Trainer, Fear Free Pets
- Certified Whistle Recall Instructor, Positive Dogs
Current Industry Roles
- Owner & head Trainer The DogSmith of Estepona
- Board Member & Steering Committee Member of the Pet Professional Guild - a global membership organisation for pet industry professionals.
- Membership Manager & Steering Committee Member of the Pet Professional Guild British Isles
- Regional Coordinator Spain & Steering Committee Member of Doggone Safe - Non-profit organisation dedicated to dog bite prevention through education and dog bite victim support.
- Partner & Faculty Member of DogNostics Career College - an education and certification provider for pet professionals
Author & Instructor - DogNostics Certification Programmes & Education for Pet Professionals
- Become a Certified Dog Training Professional
- Canine Enrichment Technician Certification
- Dog Training Pro Starter Kit
- Dog Trick Instructor Program
- Fostering Collaborative Care Instructor Program
- Fun Scent Games Instructor Programmes. Levels 1 & 2
- Happier Healing Program for Pet Professionals
- Puppy Essentials - Getting Started
- Puppy Essentials Level 1 - Your Guide to Positive Socialization & Development.
- Puppy Essentials Level 2 - 18 Foundational Puppy Skills
- 10 Steps to an Amazing Response to Name - Your Professional Tool-Kit
- Train a Reliable Come When Called - Your Professional Tool-Kit
- Walk This Way Instructor Program
Author & Instructor - DogNostics Online Programmes for Pet Dog Guardians (Owners)
- Happier Healing Program for Pet Dog Guardians
- How to Teach a Dog to Love a Harness
- Pet Dog Solutions - Bringing Your New Dog Home
- Pet Dog Solutions - Your Guide to Positive Socialization
- Pet Dog Solutions - The Key Training Concepts
- Pet Dog Solutions - Essential Training Skills
- Pet Dog Solutions - Addressing Common Problem Behaviors
- Teaching Self-Control in the Presence of Food
- How to Effectively House Train Your Dog
- 10 Easy Steps to Walking Nicely on a Loose Leash
- 10 Steps to an Amazing Response to Name
- How to Train a Reliable Come When Called
Published Articles on Dog Training & Behaviour
- Barks from The Guild - Industry Trade Magazine for the Pet Professional Guild
- Blogs from the Guild, The Pet Professional Guild
- The Top Ten Dog Training Knowledge Training Concepts for Pet Owners to Understand
- A Lexicon of Practical Terms for Pet Trainers & Behavior Consultants – The Language You Need to Know!
- Pet Training and Behavior Consulting: A Model for Raising the Bar to Protect Professionals, Pets and Their People
- The Pet Professional Guild Summit, Tampa, Florida, U.S.A. (2015)
- Virtual Pet Care Summit. (2015)
- PPGBI Force-Free Mini-Summit, Leeds, England (2016)
- PPGBI Educational Roundup, Edinburgh, Scotland. (2017)
- Pet Professional Guild Educational Summit, Orlando, Florida, U.S.A. (2017)
- PPG Training & Behavior Event at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, Kanab, Utah. U.S.A, (2018)
- Geek Week – For the Love of Science, Virtual Educational Summit, co-hosted by The Pet Professional Guild, The Pet Professional Guild British Isles, The Pet Professional Guild Australia, Association of INTODogs, The Association of Pet Dog Trainers Australia, The UK College of Scent Dogs, Canine Arthritis Management. (2020)
- The Pet Professional Guild
- The Pet Professional Guild British Isles
- UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter
- The Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Doggone Safe
- Asociación Nacional de Adiestradores Caninos Profesionales
Janina Tainio Dn-CPCT, Dn-FSG
As part of the outstanding DogSmith of Estepona team, Certified Pet Care Technician and assistant trainer, Janina Tainio loves helping dogs ‘become family’, so, who better to entrust with the care and education of your beloved four-legged family member?
As an advocate of a positive, fear-free approach to pet care and training, Janina helps dogs be the best companions possible. All the canine clients Janina works with get the same love, personal attention and extraordinary professional expertise that she gives her own dogs – two gorgeous Beagles, Minni and Iines.
Janina’s Pet Care Technician Certification involved rigorous academic and practical training in dog communication, pet first-aid, and tools, equipment, and toys. Never one to rest on her laurel’s, Janina continues to improve and maintain her professional expertise through a series of continuing education programmes and practical hands-on experience. Janina is also Pet First Aid Certified; has gained both the DogNostics’ Apprentice Dog Trainer Certificate and Journeyman Dog Trainer Certificate, and the DogNostics’ Canine Communication & Social Behavior Certificate. Janina is also a fully qualified Fun Scent Games Instructor.
Janina is a native of Finland and speaks Finnish and English.
Come join the fun and get the solutions you need at the DogSmith of Estepona! We look forward to helping your pets become family!
Stacey Lloyd, is the owner 4 Paws Adoptions, a small local dog rescue centre and registered Spanish charity dedicated to saving the lives of dogs that have been abandoned here in Spain. Stacey and a small group of volunteers care for the dogs, providing daily walks, activities, basic training, and loving care until a suitable home is found.
Stacey also looks after several separate groups of feral cats. Feeding stations are set up and, whenever possible, the cats are captured, spayed, and re-released.
Stacey’s background and many years of experience caring for both cats and dogs’ physical and emotional needs means she is superbly qualified to look after your pets and is much in demand for Pet Sitting and Sleepovers, giving you piece of mind whether you are out for a few hours, travelling for business, or enjoying a holiday.
Stacey will stay in your home and lovingly care for your canine and feline family members!
Carol P. Jenkinson Palacio
Carol has been caring for animals her whole life with a fear-free approach. She has constantly volunteered for various shelters offering her time and services – walking the dogs; cleaning; raising donations; providing play and much-needed company, and housing bottle-fed puppies and other dogs who temporarily needed a loving home.
As well as having two adopted furry companions of her own, Ita and Balloo, Carol has been taking care of pets professionally for the past few years. A consummate dog walking and pet care professional, and an assistant trainer at The DogSmith of Estepona, Carol is certified in pet first aid and is also currently studying to be a Certified Canine Enrichment Technician (near completion). An integral member of The DogSmith of Estepona team, Carol is also the proud owner of CJ Pet Necessities.
Whether you require a daily walk for your dog; pet sitting while you are busy for a few hours; a DogSmith Slumber Party or Sleepover while you are away from home; a DogVenture to add additional mental and physical enrichment to your dog’s day; a Socialisation Outing, or a Walk & Train Session to improve your dog’s lead walking skills, you will find Carol to be professional and knowledgeable, while also full of fun, exuding a positive energy which your pets will love, as she cherishes them like her own!
Carol is bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish, and happy to communicate with you and your pets in your preferred language.
My promise to you
As a DogSmith professional, I pledge to use my knowledge and skills for the benefit of pet owners and their pets.
I will practice my profession conscientiously with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of The DogSmith ethics, mission, vision and values.
I accept as a lifelong obligation, the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.
Join My Newsletter
Sign up for free tips, guidance and special announcements about all things DogSmith of Estepona.