Despite their reputation for being “low maintenance” cats are a huge responsibility for a professional pet care provider. A professional pet sitter should be familiar with cat behavior and know what to expect when caring for them. Cats are not like dogs nor should they be expected to be. At The DogSmith we are not just about dogs. We also care for cats, we recognize that they have special needs and need to be cared for in special ways.
While you are away from your home, you can choose from
- DogSmith Visit (Home Alone) - A DogSmith Pet Care Technician visits your pet in your home. A 30 minute visit to entertain, exercise or feed pets while the owner is away. We can also empty and clean litter trays. Available to all domestic pets. 1 to 5 visits per day. 1 Visit is only recommended if connected to an overnight pet sitting agreement or with an animal that has access to a safe outside area. Additional cost per dog over 2 dogs.
- DogSmith Sleep Over - A DogSmith Pet Care Technician stays in your home with your pets. The pet sitter stays at the home of the pet. The service time is agreed with the client but normally starts at 7pm and concludes at 7am.
While you are busy at work or with family we can provide
- DogSmith Dog Day Care - Let your dog play while you are away for the day or too busy at home with renovations and contractors. Send your dog to day care at Pampered Paws Pet Resort.
- DogSmith Lunch Break / Dinner Break - A 30 minute mid-day (between 10:15 AM & 2:30 PM / 4:00 PM & 8:00 PM) visit to entertain or let a pet into the yard. This is available for dogs and cats.
- A Dog Romp - A 30 minute dog walking session while the owner is at work. Maximum of 2 dogs at one time. Dog walking is also offered as an additional service during a DogSmith Visit and is available in weekly and monthly packages.
DogSmith VIP Services
- Extended Play Time - extended play time is when the client requests that the standard 30 minute visit be extended during a DogSmith Lunch Break or a DogSmith Visit.
- Administer Medications - To orally or topically administer medications to a cat or dog. Price is per visit and per number of medications administered.
- Pet Waste Clean Up - To scoop and cleanup poop and small trash from the client?s yard while the local DogSmith is at the pet?s home.
- Pet Shuttle - The DogSmith will pick up, deliver and return pet or pets to vet or groomer during any service visit or as a standalone service. If delivery destination is beyond 5 miles or takes longer than 30 minutes, additional fees apply:
- Never Worry Key Program: Your house key is kept on file under lock and key in our office; to allow us to access your home to care for your pets should you be delayed in coming home from work. There is a charge for delivering or picking up clients keys from their home.
Talk to your local DogSmith about our Cat Sitting Services. Special services just for you feline friend