Louise Stapleton-Frappell B.A. Hons. PCBC-A. PCT-A. CAP3. CTDI. CWRI. DN-FSG2. DN-CPCT2 - Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant and Trainer – Accredited by the Pet Professional Accreditation Board
The owner and head trainer of The DogSmith of Estepona, Louise Stapleton-Frappell, studied for her Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree at the University of Leeds and, after leaving University, took her first teaching post at a school in Cartagena. This was soon followed by a move to Southern Spain where she quickly added a beautiful German Shepherd x Doberman, Bess, to the family and thus began her love of teaching dogs as well as people. A local veterinarian put her in touch with a respected police dog trainer who passed on his knowledge and shared his love of the beautiful canines he worked with. A gorgeous Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Samson, was soon added to the family; followed by Tessa, a much-loved German Shepherd Dog, and Jambo, who, at the age of just 16 months, became the first Staffordshire Bull Terrier to become a Trick Dog Champion. Jambo has since been aired on Talent Hounds TV in Canada and was also featured as a Victoria Stilwell Positively Story.
Louise has constantly built on her knowledge and furthered her education in the field of force-free, rewards-based, science-based, ethical training and care. She was one of the first twenty people worldwide to become a Professional Canine Trainer – Accredited, through the Pet Professional Accreditation Board. This was later followed by her accreditation as a Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant.
Louise has presented at conferences internationally and has gained a reputation for expertly teaching and training humans and canines. Her experience, her background as a teacher and her impressive pet industry credentials means she is uniquely qualified to share her skills and knowledge with both the public and pet industry professionals.
Louise loves helping dogs learn how to be the best companions possible and loves teaching pet dog guardians the skills they need to increase the bond they share with their wonderful canine companions. Louise believes training should be both fun and stress-free and is passionate about making sure that you and your pets receive the absolute best training and care, along with exceptional customer service.
- B.A. Joint Hons Spanish & Portuguese. Subsidiary subjects: Management Economics & Industrial Management. The University of Leeds, U.K.
- Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant - Accredited, Pet Professional Accreditation Board
- Professional Canine Trainer - Accredited, Pet Professional Accreditation Board
- CAP1. CAP2. CAP3. Clicker Competency Assessment Program – Levels 1, 2 & 3 all gained with Distinction, Learning About Dogs
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor, Do More with Your Dog
- Fun Scent Games Instructor, DogNostics
- Force-Free Instructor’s Award, ITDH DTC
- K9 First Aid Certification, ITDH DTC
- Pet First Aid Certification, The Pet Professional Guild
- Animal Behaviour and Welfare Verified Certification, Edinburgh University
- Dog Emotion and Cognition Verified Certification, Duke University
- Pet Dog Ambassador Program Licensed Instructor & Assessor, PDA
- Certified Fear Free Animal Trainer, Fear Free Pets
- Certified Whistle Recall Instructor, Positive Dogs
Current Industry Roles
- Owner & head Trainer The DogSmith of Estepona
- Board Member & Steering Committee Member of the Pet Professional Guild - a global membership organisation for pet industry professionals.
- Membership Manager & Steering Committee Member of the Pet Professional Guild British Isles
- Regional Coordinator Spain & Steering Committee Member of Doggone Safe - Non-profit organisation dedicated to dog bite prevention through education and dog bite victim support.
- Partner & Faculty Member of DogNostics Career College - an education and certification provider for pet professionals
Author & Instructor (Certification Programmes for Pet Professionals, DogNostics)
- Dog Trainer Certificate Program
- Dog Trick Instructor Program
- Walk This Way Instructor Program
- Fostering Collaborative Care Partner Program
- TrickMeister Titles
- Puppy Essentials
- Fun Scent Games Instructor Program
Published Articles on Dog Training & Behaviour
- Barks from The Guild - Industry Trade Magazine for the Pet Professional Guild
- Blogs from the Guild, The Pet Professional Guild
- The Top Ten Dog Training Knowledge Training Concepts for Pet Owners to Understand
- A Lexicon of Practical Terms for Pet Trainers & Behavior Consultants – The Language You Need to Know!
- Pet Training and Behavior Consulting: A Model for Raising the Bar to Protect Professionals, Pets and Their People
- The Pet Professional Guild Summit, Tampa, Florida, U.S.A. (2015)
- Virtual Pet Care Summit. (2015)
- PPGBI Force-Free Mini-Summit, Leeds, England (2016)
- PPGBI Educational Roundup, Edinburgh, Scotland. (2017)
- Pet Professional Guild Educational Summit, Orlando, Florida, U.S.A. (2017)
- PPG Training & Behavior Event at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, Kanab, Utah. U.S.A, (2018)
- Geek Week – For the Love of Science, Virtual Educational Summit, co-hosted by The Pet Professional Guild, The Pet Professional Guild British Isles, The Pet Professional Guild Australia, Association of INTODogs, The Association of Pet Dog Trainers Australia, The UK College of Scent Dogs, Canine Arthritis Management. (2020)
- The Pet Professional Guild
- The Pet Professional Guild British Isles
- UK Dog Behaviour and Training Charter
- The Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Doggone Safe
Janina Tainio Dn-CPCT, Dn-FSG
As part of the outstanding DogSmith of Estepona team, Certified Pet Care Technician and assistant trainer, Janina Tainio loves helping dogs ‘become family’, so, who better to entrust with the care and education of your beloved four-legged family member?
As an advocate of a positive, fear-free approach to pet care and training, Janina helps dogs be the best companions possible. All the canine clients Janina works with get the same love, personal attention and extraordinary professional expertise that she gives her own dogs – two gorgeous Beagles, Minni and Iines.
Janina’s pet care technician certification involved rigorous academic and practical training in dog communication, pet first aid and tools, equipment and toys. Never one to rest on her laurel’s, Janina continues to improve and maintain her professional expertise through a series of continuing education programmes and practical hands-on experience. Janina is also Pet First Aid Certified; has gained both the DogNostics Apprentice Dog Trainer Certificate and Canine Communication & Social Behavior Certificate, and is a fully qualified Fun Scent Games Instructor.
Janina is a native of Finland and speaks Finnish and English.
Come join the fun and get the solutions you need at the DogSmith of Estepona! We look forward to helping your pets become family!